AMVETS leaders will join thousands of service members, veterans, military families, college campus leaders, government agencies and other non-profits for the national discussion on how higher education plays a role in the successful transition of today's veterans into successful civilian lives.
The Veteran Success Jam will focus on seven issues facing today's student veterans:
- Criteria that make campuses "veteran friendly"
- Awarding academic credit for military training
- Post-9/11 G.I. Bill and other veterans' education benefits
- Ways to support veterans navigating academic life
- How schools and employers can support veterans' transitions into their next career
- Physical and psychological health challenges affecting today's veterans
- Challenges and success stories of friends and families supporting veterans
The Jam is based on successful internal brainstorming models used by IBM where subject matter experts can lead discussions among contributors in a peer-reviewed environment, allowing for salient ideas to develop through collaboration.
Once the Veteran Success Jam opens, registered contributors will be able to follow discussions and post ideas 24 hours a day throughout the 72-hour window.
Registration is free. To register as a participant with an e-mail address ending in .edu, .mil, or .gov, Click Here.
To register with another e-mail address, Click Here.
Additional information about the Veteran Success Jam is available on the ACE's official Jam Web site, Facebook and Twitter.