The official blog of American Veteran Magazine, the national quarterly publication of AMVETS.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

AMVETS NATIONAL COMMANDER APPROVES DEFENSE SECRETARY NOMINATION


LANHAM, Md., Jan. 8, 2013—This afternoon, AMVETS National Commander Cleve Geer endorsed President Barack Obama’s nomination of Chuck Hagel as the next Secretary of Defense. Obama announced the nomination yesterday, Jan. 7, 2013.

“AMVETS fully supports President Obama’s nomination of Chuck Hagel for the future Secretary of Defense,” said Geer. “As a veterans service organization, AMVETS’ main mission is to serve as an advocate for veterans, their families and the community in which they live. I am confident that former Sen. Hagel will utilize his experience and understanding of America’s military to lead this nation’s troops and the Department of Defense.”

If confirmed by the Senate, Hagel will be first infantryman to serve as the Secretary of Defense. He will replace current Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, who has been in this position since 2011. Hagel’s experience ranges from serving in the Army during the Vietnam War to representing Nebraska as a senator. 

About AMVETS:
A leader since 1944 in preserving the freedoms secured by America’s armed forces, AMVETS provides support for veterans and the active military in procuring their earned entitlements, as well as community service and legislative reform that enhances the quality of life for this nation’s citizens and veterans alike. AMVETS is one of the largest congressionally-chartered veterans’ service organizations in the United States, and includes members from each branch of the military, including the National Guard and Reserves. To learn more, visit:
www.amvets.org.
###

Bookmark and Share

15 comments:

  1. This page is where I got the most useful information for my information gathering. Thanks for posting maybe we can see more on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really your blog is very interesting.... it contains great and unique information.iron on stickers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very satisfied with the content that you mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. I enjoyed every bit of his party and I'll be waiting for updates. nfl iron on logo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read attentively your blog post attentively and i seen your post is very nice and good quality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. according to your post, i learn so many and thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is something informative for me and useful also.Please keep such kind of the information in the future also......:) I will copy this link and paste as my Facebook status.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is something informative for me and useful also.Please keep such kind of the information in the future also......:) I will copy this link and paste as my Facebook status.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always like your blog post because you always come with different ideas and information. I always shared your site post with my friends. Keep posting and i will follow you..

    ReplyDelete
  9. i must say and thanks for the information. Education is definitely a sticky subject. However, is still among the leading topics of our time. I appreciate your post and look forward to more

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your post is very exciting and informative. I am planning to decide on a career move and this has helped me with one aspect. Thanks man!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! I didn't know they picked up on it until I saw your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are really a superb ThThese are really a superb showcases here I am glad to have a review of it and feel to roll on its steps for my benefit always

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great! We will be connecting to this enormous post on our site. Continue the good writing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing this interesting blog with us. My pleasure to being here on your blog..I wanna come beck here for new post from your site.

    ReplyDelete